Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jackpopt Controversy

Just read a post about the jackpot on our last trip on the Westerly. The complaint was that 20% of the jackpot money was kept by the crew and that the jackpot winner was not informed prior to getting into the pot. First: Now whether this happened or not I don't know but fishing with Jon and his crew for many years and on many boats I have always been told about the 20% for the crew. Second: I'm disappointed that this complaint wasn't brought to us first at a time when we could address the issue. Dan always says and I quote "Tell me any problems you have with the boat, crew, bunks or whatever while on the trip because when the trip is over there is little I can do." Now back to the jackpot issue. All boats have different policy's on the jackpot not only on the money but on the type of fish and the handling of said fish so look for posted rules and ask the deckhands about their rules on the jackpot. Finally tip the crew, if the service is good tip well if bad tip little this is how you show your opinion of their service.

No comments: